Astronomer Job Description
When you enter the field of astronomy, you may be asked to perform a variety of tasks. Some astronomers operate observatories, where they examine the sky for new stars and planets, as well as monitor it.
Others approach the subject from a more theoretical standpoint. They seek to explain and comprehend the universe using physics and mathematics laws.
Some may work to apply their expertise to aerospace, working to design satellites, as well as air and spacecraft.
Here are some of the tasks of an astronomer:
- Conducting field research
- Collecting, collating, and analyzing data
- Writing and publishing papers
- Conducting research work
- Working on hypotheses, new models, and theories
- Improving observation technology
- Contributing to the design of spacecraft, aircraft, and satellite technology